- Are you 18-30 and looking for employment in the East Sussex area?
- Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference?
In partnership with University Hospital Sussex, The Prince's Trust are offering a FREE online employment training course, giving you a fantastic opportunity to learn about entry-level roles within the NHS.
You will have the opportunity to register an account on the NHS jobs website and get exclusive advice from UHSussex staff to write competitive applications for entry-level jobs. You'll also be matched with a Prince's Trust mentor who will support you with your next steps after completing this programme.
Upon completing this programme, we will support you to apply for a variety of Band 2 NHS jobs which ranges in salary from £18,005 - £19,335 per year. Some examples include:
- Domestic support worker
- Housekeeping assistant
- Nursery assistant
- Domestic team leader
- Security officer
- Healthcare assistant
WHO: Young people aged 18-30 who have the right to work in the UK. You must be available to work for at least 3 months after completing the programme.
WHEN: Please be available to attend our Taster Day on Wednesday 14th July from 1pm-3pm. The main programme runs for 3 days between Tuesday 20th July - Thursday 22nd July.
WHERE: Take part from home using your phone, tablet or computer (Zoom). You must live within the areas of Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill, Brighton, Shoreham-by-Sea and Worthing (see map below).
On our FREE, VIRTUAL course you can expect:
- To meet staff from UHSussex who will tell you more about working in their hospitals, the job roles and how to write the best application
- To explore and understand the values of UHSussex and demonstrate them in interviews
- Group interview preparation sessions
- Mock interviews with feedback
- Access to funding to help you start work e.g. DBS checks, uniform, travel, etc.
- 3 months of mentoring support to help you settle into the role
Attending this programme does not impact any benefits you may be eligible for.
- To be eligible for this programme you will need to be able to commute to locations like: Royal Sussex County Hospital, Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital, Sussex Eye Hospital, Princess Royal Hospital, Worthing Hospital, Southlands Hopsital, St. Richard's Hospital
- Registering for this event does not mean you are guaranteed a place on the programme. We will only send you the Zoom link to join the session when we've confirmed your place over the phone.
- After registering your details, a Prince's Trust Executive will call you to check that you're eligible for the programme and confirm your place. Please make sure you provide a UK contact number only.